The Faith & Politics Institute seeks a creative, talented, and passionate graphic designer to join our team. To be considered for this role, the applicant must have a strong design portfolio with examples of creativity, solid understanding of layout and organization, design and corporate branding. The candidate must be well-organized and self-motivated, with good typographic skills and experience in both digital graphic design and print. The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate the ability to produce consistently high quality work in an often fast paced, multi-tasking environment with an aspiration to continually learn and expand their skillset.
The graphic designer will be responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet our communications and programmatic needs. The ideal candidate is a team player who knows how to collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders. This position will report to the chief communications officer.
We are looking for a hard-working, mission-driven, highly collaborative work style with a positive team-first attitude. Demonstrating an ability to handle competing priorities in a growing organization, effectively leverage resources, meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects for the good of the organization is a priority. Equal parts integrity, compassion, patience and comity are necessary to work within sometimes unpredictable and at times deeply divided environment nationally and on Capitol Hill in a poised, positive and productive manner.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in fine arts, graphic design or related field - need to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of fundamental principles of design, design process and methodology.
- 3+ years of graphic design experience in an in-house creative department or in an agency environment.
- Proficient technical skills in Adobe Creative Suite including but, not limited to, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver (working experience in HTML/CSS a plus).
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft products including PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience generating strong concepts from inception to execution.
- Full understanding of printing processes and file preparation.
- Demonstrated design craftsmanship and illustration skills are a must!
- Candidate must be detail- and quality-oriented, and have refined aesthetic sense.
- Candidate must be punctual, reliable and excellent at balancing multiple projects simultaneously.
- A successful candidate must also demonstrate the following:
- Forward-thinking and out of the box strategic approach to meeting objectives;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods;
- Confidence in presenting work to the team and skilled at giving and receiving feedback;
- Excellent organizational skills, exceptional planning, time-management, and follow-through;
- Ability to work efficiently with the team under tight deadlines, be flexible to evolving project objectives, and execute ideas quickly and competently through multiple iteration
- Execute other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with members of the team, especially the chief communications officer, chief administrative officer and program officers, to provide graphic design support that meets communications and programming needs.
- Translate strategy briefs into compelling visual ideas and to communicate concepts and visions clearly and creatively.
- Create innovative design for corporate materials including presentations, brochures, HTML emails, digital media, advertisements, invitations, posters, newsletters, signage and all other programmatic materials.
- Photo retouching/manipulation.
- Maintain established brand identity through all projects.
- Keeping up-to-date on latest design and design related technology trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
FPI will offer a competitive compensation package to attract the most qualified candidates. The organization provides benefits to its employees, including a health care plan, 401K, life insurance, and paid annual leave.
The Faith & Politics Institute was founded in 1991 with the hope of providing opportunities for meaningful interactions and experiences among those who lead and serve our nation. In 1997, the Institute sought to involve members of Congress more closely with its work and Congressmen Amo Houghton (R-NY) and John Lewis (D-GA), civil rights icon, agreed to serve as the honorary co-chairs of the Institute's Board of Directors. With their leadership, the Institute’s work expanded considerably, increasing participation of members of Congress with an interest in reflection and conversation across racial, religious, ideological and party lines.
The Institute's programs encompass three general areas of leadership, including:
- Leading from within: Provide opportunities for members and staffers to strengthen their inner dimension of leadership
- Leading across divides: Foster a spirit of reconciliation across lines of race, religion and political party
- Leading in service: Engaging the public in programs that bring together leaders and their constituents
Activities within these three broad areas include reflection groups, retreats, pilgrimages, and public forums. The weekly reflection groups and occasional retreats are important opportunities for elected officials and political leaders and professionals to connect their role with their greater calling as human beings and leaders. The public forums include lectures and engaged dialogues by well-known speakers whose promote or whose lives reflect courage in the political arena. The pilgrimages allow men and women from both houses of Congress, along with senior staff leaders and special guests, to participate in trips that provide information, inspiration, and opportunities for reflection on the lessons to be learned from past struggles, such as the civil rights movement.
To apply send cover letter, resume and 2-3 related writing samples in an email with the subject line “Graphic Designer” to: HR@faithandpolitics.org